Responsibility in Physical Education includes:
- Be prepared and perform activities safely
- Respect others and the equipment.
- Follow instructions
Consequences: If a student fails to follow the expectations
2nd: Five minute sitting out or 1 minute after classes (teacher’s choice)
3rd: Student receives a zero for the day and parent is contacted
4th: Referral and/or in school suspension (ISS)
Severe Clause: If your behavior is unsafe or includes breaking the handbook rules, the result will be immediate removal from class.
- PE CLOTHES: You are required to wear appropriate clothing, and to participate daily, unless you have a current doctor’s note. The complete uniform consists of T-shirt, shorts, and clean tennis shoes. No tank tops, short shorts, or sweatshirts (unless going outside). Also, students with long hair need to have it pulled back out of their eyes.
- 6th grade and 7th grade students are required to have a gray t-shirt and black shorts. With the exception of students that earn a NFL Play 60 shirt.
- SHOWERS: For good hygiene, you are encouraged to shower daily. At the end of class, you have seven minutes to shower. You need to provide your own towel.
- LOCKS: You can check out a locker to use for the year. You need to bring your own combination lock. Please do not bring key locks
- LOCKER ROOM: You are expected to act in a safe and courteous manner in the locker room. Enter the locker room through the main gym doors, not the back doors. Students are required to remain in the locker room before class and may stand outside after class above the stairwell and off the sidewalk only if an instructor is present.
- Food and drink (except water) prohibited in the locker room and gym. Confiscated items will be tossed.
- AEROSOL (SPRAY) DEODORANTS ARE NO LONGER PERMITTED IN THE LOCKER ROOM!! PLEASE USE ROLL ON DEODORANTS ONLY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION.
- NO CELL PHONES/MUSIC DEVICES: Please leave these locked in your locker, unless specifically allowed for a certain activity. Failure to do so will result in confiscation of the item.
- BLEACHERS: Student’s are asked to stay off of the bleachers unless directed by a teacher. Failure to do so will result in a referral.